Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Anthropologie Wanna Be

I was window shopping one day and walked into one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie. While meandering through the store and taking in all the eye candy I saw this sweater and fell in love.


I took a picture of it while trying to act nonchalant about the whole thing.


but this is the picture I got from their site or you can get a better look at it here. I loved everything about it except I couldn't; no, wouldn't, pay the price for it. It was well over $100. I could wait to see if it went on clearance, I thought. But waiting just isn't one of my better traits. I could see me in that sweater so I had to come of with a different plan. I was now on a mission and for a couple weeks I hit about every clothing store I normally peruse and some that I don't go to very often. Then I was rewarded by my hard work. It really can be hard work to shop you know, and frustrating, especially when you're looking for something specific. Anyway, I was making round two in another of my favorite stores, Forever 21, when I saw this sweater. It must have been a new arrival because it wasn't there the week before when I went through the store.



After purchasing it I went straight away to Jo-Ann Fabrics to find some lace for the sweater. Then I came home and no I didn't rush to alter it. The sweater sat for almost a good month before I had the courage to do anything with it. Finally, I got out the pins, scissors, and sewing machine.




Zeba even came out to inspect and the work. Trouble was the minute I turned around she was all over it and wouldn't let me get in to do anything. When she finally got done and bored with the job she let me get it finished.








And this is how it all turned out. What do you think? I'm happy with it and the best part is that I saved well over $75 from the Anthropologie sweater.


1 comment: