Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Travel

My Boy came home from an Anthropology class the other day telling me about an exercise the professor had them do.  They broke up into groups and each group had to make up and new word with it's definition and then they have the rest of the semester to see if they could get this new word to take among their peers. 


I ran across a word recently and discovered  it's origins are pretty new in our vocabulary, 1976 to be exact. That's the same year I was married and knew so little about computers other than they took up so much room in a building and they needed special air conditioning requirements in order to keep them cool.


And now on computers so small they're part of your phone, you see a Meme (that's the word; pronounced Meem) pop up pretty regularly in blog posts.  It's a very popular thing to do.  I found The Queen's Meme website and found a meme I thought would be fun. 




1) What is your favorite mode of travel? (Car, train, plane, etc).
Put me on a plane to just about anywhere and I'd be happy.  


I also love cruise ships.


2) Where is the northernmost place you've traveled? The southernmost?
North: Vancouver, Canada as a little girl.
South: Roatan, Honduras I took the above picture while there a few years ago.



3) What is the last place you visited for the first time?
Porta Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas, all in the same week. Picture taken going around the tip of Baja California at Cabo San Lucas.


4) Of all the places you've traveled, which is your favorite?
I have two favorites: Venice, Italy and Santorini, Greece. Can I also say that I like Rome, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia Athens, Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Rhodes, Greece; Naples, Italy and Ephesus, Turkey? Photo taken in Santorini. Love all the color in that little town.

5) Where would you most like to travel to next?
I would like to go back to the Mediterranean, or Alaska, or take an African Safari or...

Copy and paste to your own blog, Facebook, or other social page then reply to this post with a link to your answers. If you don't have a blog post your answers in the comments.  I would love to see what you answer.  You don't have to add pictures.  I just can't help myself from adding them. 

1 comment:

  1. What lovely photos - don't stop including them!! You make me want to go travel right now...

    ReplyDelete