Friday, October 22, 2010

Weekend Links & A Photo

I have just one link today (although it is a very heavy, thought provoking one) but I do have a great quote by Sara Henderson to add to today's post.

"Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself."

How many of you have seen a Geo rock?  The rock is usually passed by as just another rock to the casual observer.  But, the rock hound, with the trained eye can spot these rocks and knowing the beauty that is inside picks it up, brings it home, cuts it open, and puts it to the grinding stone to reveal the beauty inside.  The hidden beauty.  

Do we hide ourselves?  Build facades? Walls around ourselves? Afraid to let others see the real us? Our real beauty?  Our vulnerability? Do we fail to see our own inner beauty?  I know I have and I do.  Letting the real me out can be scary.   I think  Charlie of Productive Flourishing has a great post on this same subject.  Check it out!


I love this picture.  Took it on our trip along the west coast.  I feel like I'm looking onto a secluded beach whose beauty couldn't be hidden.

1 comment:

  1. That is indeed a beautiful photo :-) And a thought-provoking post, thanks for the link xx

    ReplyDelete