Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Dream Come True

I'm in the grocery store standing in an isle I've never been before.  My mind is racing the Apgar score was...  What the heck is an Apgar score?

Formula.  Gee, look at all these different kinds.  How do you know which kind to get? 

Are they different flavors? Doesn't look like it.  

Some have iron, some don't.  Is it better to get the one with iron or does it matter?

What am I doing here!?!  It's 8PM!

Diapers.  I think this will be a little easier.  

Newborn.  Just look at the price or brand you think will be best to decide which ones to purchase. 

Back to the trying to figure out the formula dilemma. Maybe this nice man, looks like he could be a dad, can help me out.  No help he was.  Looks like I'm going to have to wing it.

Oh, my gosh, I forgot about bottles, baby clothes, baby blankets, baby things and the stores close in an hour!

I can't believe it!  My dream is finally coming true!  I'm a mother!

Over 20+ years ago today I got a phone call late in the evening asking if I could come pick up my 1 week old baby the next morning. It had been 10 years that we had hoped a baby would bless our home and now we will be able to pick her up in the morning.


My Mann wasn't home when I got the call.  I had to go to where his meeting was being held to tell him (it was before cell phones) so he could make arrangements for work.  Then I left him to finish his meeting while I tried to purchase the necessary baby items.  Ended up borrowing a car seat until we could purchase one.


The next morning we left early, after a sleepless night, in order to make our destination.  We were ushered in to see our sweet, angel, girl sleeping peacefully in a bassinet.  All we could do was stand there.  Afraid to move for fear of waking her.  Afraid that it was just a dream and if we moved it would all fade away as a mirage.

But, she was for real and she was really ours.  We were so thrilled.  We didn't go straight home.  We had to share our joy with family.  Grandparents were surprised and excited about the new addition. 


How fitting that National Adoption Month is also the same month as My Sweet Pea's birthday. 

30 Days of Thanks Living: I am grateful to My Sweet Pea's birth mother.  What a sacrifice she has made to give her baby daughter what she felt was better.  I hope we have done and are doing that and not disappointed her.

All birth mothers every where just know that we love you and thank you for the gift of life you have given to your babies and to you baby's adopted families.  

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! It made me tear up!! I'm also thankful to her birth mother so I could have a wonderful cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy birthday to your sweet daughter. Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday, Kylie! Hugs to you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete