Sunday, November 28, 2010

Project 365 - Week 46

What a great ending to a uncertain beginning.


11/21/10 Sunday:  Went to the beach again and this time My Sweet Pea wanted to come along.  It was a bit chilly but not bad at all.  Spent quite a bit of time beach-combing and checking out some tide pools. 


11/22/10 Monday:  I've been dreading this day and wishing this day would hurry and happen.  Kind of like Dickens' Tale of Two Cities "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

11/23/10 Tuesday: I had to fight the cat for a seat. I was trying to sew and she wanted the same chair I was using. 

11/24/10 Wednesday:  Miracle of miracles.  It's benign! Can I hear some sighs of relief? These last two years have been kind of a living hell, for one reason or another, and these last  few weeks when I thought it couldn't get worse, it did.  But, I did experience a small miracle.  That has helped.  

It's been like that Rodney Atkins song. "If you're going through hell, keep on going. Don't slow down, if you're scared, don't show it. You might get out before the devil knows you're there."  I've been feeling like the devil and I have become bosom buddies. 

Still recuperating from Monday's surgery My Boy pitched in wholeheartedly for the last minute clean up in preparation for Thanksgiving Day cooking.  Clowning around, as usual, as the picture of him testifies. But, I don't think I'd have it any other way. 

11/25/10 Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving Day.  The turkey got rave reviews, this year, for being so unbelievably moist (the thermometer is the secret), the group was small with only 27 in attendance, and another year we were able to have the patriarch of the Mann clan with us.  (He's on the top right in case you couldn't tell.)

11/26/10 Friday:  And we stayed away from the crazy people out for Black Friday.  Instead I spent some time at O'Reilly Auto Parts store with My Boy.  His car's battery gave up the ghost and he needed rescuing.  It was the least I could do to pick him up take him where he needed to go and back to his car so he could replace the battery.

11/27/10 Saturday:  My Mann and I were out running errands got to enjoy some beautiful clouds as they came in and rained on the southland this evening. 

30 Days of Thanks Living:  Grateful for the rain that brings such amazing clouds to enjoy and especially grateful for the little pleasures in life. 

Ciao y baci mis amicos.  May your week be packed full of the little pleasures of life. 
TTFN

2 comments:

  1. You have a big sigh of relief over here. I am very glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on good news! Something extra to be grateful for....

    ReplyDelete