Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

It time to start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner preparation.

As of yet I don't know how many people I'll be feeding.  It could range from 30 to 60.  We've done it all and happily.

It all began in 1994 with 43 guests for dinner.


We were kind of in the middle of construction at the time, as you can tell from the photograph.  It was the first of many to follow, in our newly, half completed dining room, which I love.


The addition has added the extra room and the first year we didn't even have to clear out the furniture because there wasn't any in the addition yet.  And the kitchen hadn't been moved out to its new place yet.  So the first year I guess you could say we had tables set up in the kitchen 



Since then we've had to clear out furniture to make room for the tables.

30 Days of Thanks Living:  Today I want to say  how thankful I am that the nerves and the little tiny bones in my ears work well.  It really is a blessing to be able to hear, to hear the voices of your family members - even when they're loud - the sound of the birds, a baby cry.  Because I am able to hear I am blessed with the ability to communicate easily with others. 


Through my gift of hearing I try to be a good listener for others who need that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of catering!! I'd love to experience a proper US thanksgiving some time :-)

    ReplyDelete