Tuesday, December 28, 2010

5 Minutes

Patti Digh, author of Creative Is A Verb posed this prompt: Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in 5 minutes.  Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

This is a list I came up with in my 5 minutes of what I want to remember about 2010.

  • All the times My Mann took me to the beach to help me recenter myself and showing me through this small act how much he loves me.
  • My Boy each time he tells me "As you Wish" which in Princess Bride means "I love you."
  •  The special time I shared with My Sweet Pea at her most vulnerable time.
  • The surprised face when we surprised my Mum for her for his 80th birthday in January.  She was so thrilled to have her children and grandchildren there for her birthday. You couldn't wipe that smile off her face for the three days we were there. It was great.
  • The wonderful week I had with my sister and her husband, my brother and his wife, and my husband on the Mexican Riviera cruise after Thanksgiving.
  • My Mann's excitement about going on the zipline excursion again this year.
  • My Boy's handsome face, his eyes and quick wit and smile.
  • How close My Sweet Pea have become and her huge heart full of love and concern for others.
  • The hugs I have received from my sweet friend and co-worker, Teresa.
  • My Sweet Pea and her girl friend coloring their hair in our bathroom.  My Sweet Pea tried to color her hair blue but it didn't take well. :) Her friend became a redhead.  They had a good time.
  • The quiet talks and times with My Mann.
What would you want to remember about 2010 if you knew you would loose your memory of it in 5 minutes?  Try it yourselves.  Set the timer for 5 minutes and start writing.  It was a good exercise.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe that is why we should keep journals.

    ReplyDelete