Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Have a Dream

I had curled up in the sun like a cat to soak up the sun and heat as the sun's rays streamed in through the french doors.  We were all sitting there enjoying each other's company and shooting the breeze.  

Then it happened. Have you ever mentioned something you would like to do then received a lip lashing from one of your children because, and I quote,"You say all these things you would like to do but you never follow through with them, like getting your degree and flying lessons, and you wonder why we don't?"
 

Hmmmmmmmmm.


I think, but I could be wrong, you'll have to let me know what you all think, but I think that the things I have thought about doing are luxuries.  The money and time they would take from the home and family are a little unrealistic at the time. 


But because of that remark I did take a step to find out more of what it would take to get a private pilots license.  Maybe there will be a day when I can actually do that. 

I've decided that using my not-rushing to get my pilot license as an excuse for another's lack of follow through is a cop out.  What say you?


I still have a dream of learning to fly.  Maybe, just maybe, someday I will.

1 comment:

  1. I've finally re-started on finishing my bachelor's degree... The goal is to finish by 60. Good luck on chasing your dream!

    ReplyDelete