Monday, December 6, 2010

Inspiration Everywhere

Hello all.  You've probably gathered that I have been absent and now I have quite a bit of catching up to do.  I hope to be stopping by your blogs and Facebook sites soon to catch up on what you have all been doing while I've been away. 

Last week at just about every turn on the ship there was a lot of interesting art work to take in. 

My brother-in-law especially liked the art work with his favorite subject - anything automotive.

While I went up and down stairs I found some inspiration for ways to display collections of things.  

I thought it this was an ingenious way to display odds and ends of saucers, plates. a cup, and a random tea pot lid.
 
 How about plates?
But I think my favorite were these cup and saucers on a bowl base.
Do you have a bunch of toys from your children?  This piece of art was made from all red plastic children's toys. Or maybe even dog chewy toys are in there.

I've mentioned before that I love the skeletons left from decomposed leaves.  I have tried saving them by gluing them to paper.  After seeing this piece of art I now have another option to display them.  I just need to figure out how to collect enough of them for a display.   It's kind of hard to see but the leaves are topped with a delicate, loosely woven fabric. 

I thought this was a classic for displaying corks from wine bottles. They're just glued into an open picture frame.  The bar going across the bottom isn't part of the art, it's functional, it's there to keep the frame on the shelf.

How about you?  Where do you find inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment