Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It Worked!

If you've been following me you know that I had been doing some sewing and trying to finish some garments just before Thanksgiving in addition to working and preparing for hosting Thanksgiving for My Mann's family.

I managed to get the jacket done the week before Thanksgiving.  I worked a couple different patterns in order to get the look I wanted.  I used the McCalls pattern for the pants and most of the jacket.

But I didn't quite care for the neckline on that pattern, too much of a "V".  My face is long and thin so I needed a little wider "V" to the neckline and I felt that this New Look pattern would fit the bill perfectly and it did.

I was making the outfit in order to wear while on the cruise.  I spent quite a bit of time on getting the jacket the figured out then ended up with just a couple days to get the pants made and hope they fit.  Miracles of miracles  the pants worked out splendidly and without a hitch. 

Here is how it looks.

3 comments:

  1. Linda, you're amazing! I always find people that can creates stuff like clothing, amazing.

    too bad I cannot be like you. i remember when i was on grade school, we had a big project like sewing our own uniform from scratch, I cheated, I asked my mom to do it for me.

    now I'm a big girl, I want to learn to sew, isn't it a little bit too late for me?

    thanks for swinging back, btw and thank you for your lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous! I wish I could sew like that!

    ReplyDelete