Sunday, December 5, 2010

Project 365 - Week 47

This has been a fantasy week.  A week of food, fun, food, entertainment, food, fun, water, and more food and fun.  A little gift I give myself after Thanksgiving and this time I really needed it after the dreaded (not because of Thanksgiving but the other thing) week last week.

It's not like I really needed  a week of culinary delights after a great Thanksgiving dinner and desserts.  It was more a change of pace that was needed and the culinary delights came with it.  This week I haven't gained a whole lot of wisdom, knowledge, or insight but, boy oh boy, have I gained weight, fun time, weight, bug bites, weight, dark circles under the eyes from late nights, and oh, did I mention the weight?

I put on 5 extra pounds.  Lucky me! What, with all the food available for breakfast and lunch, and each dinner we had starters, bread, salads, hot and chilled soups, and more bread (we'd wipe out the supply of butter on the table every time), entrees, and desserts galore.   I'm just giving you a sampling with pictures of the dinner entrees.

11/28/10 Sunday: I started the week out with some Pan Seared Sea Bass.

11/29/10 Monday:  Moved on to Fillet of beef.
 
11/30/10 Tuesday: Leg of Lamb.  So tender and delicious with mint jelly.  First time I had this.  Always been leery of lamb until I started eating lamb in gyro sandwiches with tzatziki sauce.


12/1/10 Wednesday: Beef and Veal Tortelliacci in a scrumptious garlic cream sauce.

12/2/10 Thursday: Had the Linguine with Marinara sauce.  Should of had the steak but I had already eaten too much earlier in the day and I wasn't real hungry at dinner.

We had a great Spinach, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad with Baguettes at our table when we sat down.  It was so delicious.

12/3/10 Friday: We all ate VERY moderately during the day so we could have room for the Fisherman's Platter which was lobster and shrimp.  My shrimp scampered to a couple other plates to be eaten as I don't care for them.

12/4/10 Saturday: Finished off our culinary dinner week, again too full for a big meaty dish although I wish I had, with a mozzarella and tomato calzone.

The best part of the meal was sharing it with our table mates.  We went with my sister and her husband and my brother and his wife.

I wish you all a good week and wish me luck in getting back into the swing of reality. 

Ciao y baci mis amicos.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment