Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Taste

Hook me up, Carlos!
While we were gone last week we did one of the most fun excursions.  My Mann and I did this same excursion last year and we were anxious and excited to get the chance to do it all over again. 

 
 We booked the excursion with Vallarta Adventures and it truly is an adventure not to miss. 
Pictures from last year
It begins with a fast ride in their inflatable speed boat across the beautiful Banderas Bay 

to a lovely secluded beach and the edge of the jungle.
From the beach we load into a Unimog 4x4 vehicle to climb deep into the jungle to the base camp located 2000ft above sea level.
Once you are geared up...
 we get to trek further into the jungles atop mules to the summit where we begin the zip line course.

Once the mules bring you to the summit the adrenalin rush begins. Through the course you will be clamped on to a series of zip lines by experienced and knowledgeable guides. From these heights above the trees you get a bird's eye view of  tree tops, waterfalls, and river beds below.  
 

But that's not all, you also get to experience the exhilaration of rappeling down waterfalls,
From last years excursion
a free fall rappel splashing into one of  many pools you end up in, and the fun of crossing various types of jungle bridges.

Such a fun day.  My Mann and I had so much fun doing this last year that we coaxed my sister who is afraid of heights and her husband to go with us this time.  I  think they had a good time.  My sister even enjoyed it despite her fear.  Maybe this helped her conquer that fear although with the care from your guides you really do feel very safe the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed catching up on your blog! Belated birthday greetings to your Mann, hope he had a lovely day :-) This excursion looks amazing, but kinda scary to me....

    PS I tried moving that half circle like you suggested and I think I do prefer it, thanks for the tip xx

    ReplyDelete