Monday, January 31, 2011

Glitter Fun!

I felt like a kid again, playing with glitter.  

I can't even remember the last time I used glitter. 

I've been anticipating these few moments with glitter since Friday when I bought red and pink Martha Stewart Glitter.  That is fun stuff!!

I've been intrigued with some glitter frames I saw back in October on the eighteen 25 blog.  Then I was reminded about them again when they showed their Valentine Frames.  That was it.  I had to stop thinking and start doing.  

On the way home from work I made a few stops along the way.  I got me three 5x7 black frames for a dollar each at the 99 cent store.  At that price I can purchase additional frames instead of swapping them out for the other holidays as I originally thought of doing.

Then I picked up some of the open stock scrapbook paper and wooden letters and heart shape at Joann's and made Michael's my final stop for the Martha Stewart glitter...along with some $1 note cards, that looked like doilies, that were hard to resist, especially at that price.

For their tutorial you can go here.


The hardest part was waiting for the glue on the wooden letters was dry and adhered to the frame.


I was so excited to add the frames to the rest of our Valentine decorations. 


Got the Love One Another freebie here from Becky Higgins.

I love the color red and hearts so it has been fun to do some holiday decorating.  


You really should give it a go yourself.  If you do, leave a link in the comments. I'd love to see what you've done. Fun!

3 comments:

  1. It does look really festive! I like it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still amazes me how some times simple things get you going. The problem is figuring what thing will do it at the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, MY! I love those frames! You've really inspired me with those, thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete