Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mm. Mm. Good!

Going through my pictures I am finding that I take a lot photos of food.  I don't know why.

Is it an obsession?

What does it all mean?

I thought that I didn't really care about food. Sometimes, having to take the time to eat is a real pain. 

But there are times when a plate is set before you that it looks so darn good.  Maybe that's it.  I just like looking at it. 

Especially when you go some place where the food is artistically presented.  You see the plate, you anticipate the flavors that will hit your taste buds, and it's all good.

I used some of those food pictures for the other symmetry lesson.


The journaling reads: I don't normally spend a lot of time thinking about food but, I do like food...at least most of it  I enjoy trying new food and now since we've been traveling to different countries and on cruise ships I've had lots of opportunities.  Some new things I've tried are lobster, gyros with Tzatziki sauce, and  Greek salads.  Along with some new favorites I still enjoy pancakes or waffles, fruit of all kinds, salads and a very occasional chocolate chip calzone with ice cream.  In my advancing years I am more picky about my chocolate.  I favor the dark.  The one type of food I have never cared for is fish.  My taste for that is very limited.  I'll only eat a few things like lobster on cruise ships, never shrimp, anywhere. "I do not like them, Sam I am."

 I think for this lesson the main thing I took from it was that symmetry doesn't mean it has to be the same thing/object/item on the opposite side but, instead the same amount of space occupied.  On the left side of the lay out I have the three smaller food pictures under the larger picture.


And on the right side I have my journaling, not pictures.  The journaling square takes up the same exact space as the three small pictures took on the opposite side.

I wonder what the food I eat says about me?

What obsessions do you have?  What story do you want to tell?

1 comment: