Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trust

I've been thinking, since the end of last year, about my choice of my one little word for 2011.

I had contemplated using Hope, Believe, or Remember as my one little word.

Well, as it seems that neither of those words were the ones for me.

As I've been pondering about my word, it chose me.

It's taken a little time for me to soften up to it and accept it.  Mostly, because it's a hard thing for me.  It means I have to let go of some things.  I don't know if I'm ready for that.

I will take it on and hope I am up to the challenge I'm sure it's going to bring.  I thought my word last year, change, was hard.  Maybe that was in preparation for this year's word.


To help me focus on my word I found a bracelet with a portion of a scripture inscribed on it. 

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." KJV Proverbs 3:5

That will be my adopted scripture for this year as well.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you're ever ready....you just have to step. And then step again. And again. Until you take enough steps that one day, you look back, and realize just how far you've come. So far that the things that were so difficult to let go of seem so far away that they aren't as important any more. You can do this. You will do this. And you will do great. Love and kitty vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great choice of word and scripture. one of my favourites! hope this year if full of joy for you. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I will stand by to help if you want it. You need but to ask. Always yours, Your Mann

    ReplyDelete