Friday, February 4, 2011

Project Life

I'm not as caught up with getting things into the Project Life book as I am with Project 365 postings on the blog.  

It's that sending pictures to be printed and waiting for them to be done that's a bit of a hold up.  

Being new to Project Life is also a bit of a hold up for a number of reasons:

1. I have a huge case of OCD.  I can't seem to get past perfection and it's especially hard when I don't have a vision of the outcome before starting.  Sigh.

2. Hmmm.  I lost that reason while typing about my OCD....

Oh well,  I have week 2 ready post.

This week I realized that I didn't have, in my book, the big reason for doing Project Life, which was winning the kit from Stacy Julian!  I went back and added a copy of her blog post that I had commented on, my comment, the Facebook congratulatory post from a friend and her blog post announcing me as the surprise winner.
 I've added them as 8.5 x 11 pages in week one.  This is where I commented on the cute office furniture she purchased and I mentioned how turquoise was my happy color.

At the bottom is my friends Facebook congratulations on my winning.
 And this is where she announced me of the winner of the turquoise Project Life kit.
 Week two pages.
I've also learned there are some changes I want to make for the future.  Like writing the date or day on the picture so it's easy to figure out which journaling card goes with it. The journal cards are date stamped so maybe the pictures need the date on them as well - not the day.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it does take time to 'settle into' a big project like this, and to figure out how to make it work best for you. I struggle with the OCD thing to - I end up feeling that none of my projects are ever 'good enough'! I'm getting past that and learning to embrace imperfection, but the OCD still rears its ugly head often, so you have my sympathy xx

    ReplyDelete