Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Take Flight

I've been reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann VosKamp and I ran across this line from her and love it

"Above the clouds, light never stops shining."

I need this emblazoned on my mind and my heart.  This for me, as I have been trying to work through my anger and bitterness, is a phrase that  I need to remember always.

I love flying.  One day I want to take flying lessons.  I love flying through the clouds and reaching the bright light of the sun - especially if we've just left gloom and rain on the ground.  It is such a freeing feeling.

I also love being high above the ground where I can have a large,

Huge, no, 

AWESOME panoramic view of the landscape below.  

You can see where rivers snake and slither through the landscape.  

You can see whole valleys at once.  

You can see mountain tops and valley floors in one glance.  I just love being up there.

Now, if I could only remember there is a much greater perspective than what I can see in my own little world.  I wish it were that easy.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, it feels like I haven't been by in a long time! It's been good to catch up over here :-)

    Having recently flown to Italy and back, I could really relate to what you say about the light shining when you get above the clouds. It was a dull, grey day in England the day I left, but as that plane rose through the clouds the sun burst upon us. It reminded me too that God is always there for me, even when I sometimes feel that I can't see him - and that the 'clouds' between us do tend to be of my own making.

    I'm sorry to hear of your struggles with anger and bitterness. I hope you can find your light xx

    ReplyDelete