Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Got Lemons?

We have a little prolific lemon tree in the backyard that give so many lemons that it's poor branches are so weighed down by all the beautiful yellow globes of delightful flavor.
 I was outside poking around after work today and seeing the lemons had a couple thoughts run through my head.  I ought to pick some of the lemons to give to the neighbor and some more to take to share with co-workers. I also thought that I should try to find some recipes that call for lemons that I can make.  

I thought about making lemon bars but I not as crazy for them as my sister is so I  passed on that recipe but in my internet search for others I found a Chicken with Artichokes and Melted Lemons.  It was the melted lemons that intrigued me.   
The other thing that was the clincher was that the recipe said it took a mere 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish. I think it probably would have been very close to that had my chicken been defrosted before hand but seeing as I don't prepare ahead of time that wasn't the case.  

What was also amazing was that I had all the ingredients, including artichokes and capers, in the house. . .or yard for the lemons. 

Everyone thought that this was a great tasting dish and that I should make it again.  I really enjoyed it.  You should give it a try.   

1 comment:

  1. That does sound interesting! I like lemons a lot - I make lemon and coriander hummous regularly, and I make a refreshing still lemonade now and then through the summer. If we had a lemon tree in the garden then I'd make that refreshing drink more often!

    ReplyDelete