Wednesday, April 13, 2011

On This Day

The first conversation I heard this morning took place after our morning family prayer.

My Mann to My Boy embraced in the traditional bear hug after prayer stance: "Have a good day".

My Boy: "I will because today's my birthday." 

My Mann: "So how old do you think you are?"

My Boy without a moments hesitation: "15." 

My boy has brought some good laughs into our days.  

To think that in a week from now 22 years ago I would be receive a phone call asking if we could come pick up my baby boy. He was a week old when I saw him for the first time. 

My, how time has flown by. My, how that little bundle weaseled his way into our hearts, filled our lives with laughter, and grew to be a man.  

We love you, Boy!

.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your boy!! Hope he has a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for actually going and picking me up! haha and thanks for all the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should say something to the boy, "There are times when I wish we would have left you but the lighter times have always out weighed the dark times. Always remember I love you.

    ReplyDelete