Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pinnings

I have been using and definitely decided that I love Pinterest.

It's an online place to collect and organized just about every little things that interests me.  I tend to do a lot of looking on the web.  If I'm curious about something, I look it up.  If I want to know how something works, I look it up.  If I want to find an alternative to an ingredient for a  recipe, I look it up.  If I want to research something before I buy, well, you get the picture.  

The trouble with all the looking up and finding great information and ideas was in the going back to finding them again or remembering where I found it to refer back to without having to do a search all over again.  

For a while I was using One Note from my Microsoft Word Suite.  I think that still has it's place for somethings but my interests and searchings on the web were so varied it was getting a little cumbersome to continue One Noteing everything and keeping them organized. 

Enter Pinterest.  I first heard about it around the first of the year or a little before, I can't remember, and I have been using it ever since.   

This is how I work it.  I may be reading a blog or come across a website that has an idea or recipe I think I may be interested in I think to myself, Self, this is a good idea! or This looks like a good recipe, I would like to remember this. 

That where Pinterest makes it so easy to Pin a picture of the idea or recipe to a board you have saved in your account.  You make up your boards according to your interests.  As you go along you can add boards as your interests evolve.
You can also find others who are using Pinterest and follow them which allows you to see what good finds they're finding and then repinning those finds onto your own boards. 

I'm thinking that Pinterest is the best thing since sliced cheese. Pinterest isn't paying me to anything to promote them.  I'm just really pleased with what it's doing for me. You may want to check it out.   

1 comment:

  1. I might just do that :) I've seen it mentioned in so many different places but I think this is the first time I've properly understood what it's all about, so thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete