Sunday, May 22, 2011

Project 365 - Week 19

My it has been some time.  I really debated about posting my 365 or not, hence the lateness of this post. As you can see 365 won out.  
5.14.11 Saturday: My Mann and I took a little mini stay-cation.  We went to a beautiful, peaceful garden in the middle of the city where we meandered, talked, and de-stressed.  It was wonderful.
Please ignore the unsightly background.  I was too excited in seeing them to notice the background.

5.15.11 Sunday: My Sweet Pea announced that I better be up and dressed by 9AM because she had a surprise coming over for me at that time.    My beautiful sister-in-law, her daughter and little T showed up.  It was so wonderful to visit with them and it was my first time to see, in person, little T.   I missed seeing them on my layover from Houston as I didn't get much time before catching the second leg of my flight.

5.16.11 Monday:  My Sweet Pea got together a menu for the week and has been doing the cooking for our dinner.  It is such a treat to have the guess work and torture of trying to figure out "What's for Dinner?"  I get to come home, do a little blog hopping, step outside and check out the herb garden, glean the mail all at a leisurly rate before helping out Sweet Pea.
5.17.11 Tuesday: What!?!?!? Rain!?!?! Cold rain !?!?!
5.18.11 Wednesday:  More cold rain.  I attempted my first Photoshop Elements digital scrapbook page.  Not sure I like working digitally even though it is much faster.  Some how not having that tactile feeling missing leaves me feeling like I've not done anything.   Holding Ctrl+G to cut a picture just doesn't have the same feel as gripping the handle of my paper cutter, bringing down the blade and feeling the resistance as blade meets paper. 
5.19.11 Thursday: Each year it's a little treat, a much anticipated outing for me to go to the 99 Cent store and find a calendar for my office wall directly across from my desk.  This year I chose one that had pictures of Greece.  Last year's was Italy.   I post it where it's easy for me to look up, catch the date, take in the picture, and dream.   This month's picture always takes my breath away and I let my eyes and mind linger longer because it is a picture of a spot where I actually stood.  I finally remembered today to get my picture of that spot and take a picture of the calendar page and my snapshot together.  
 
5.20.11  Friday: Today we had a big beautiful ball of sunshine to wake up to.  My Sweet Pea and I took a few moments before leaving for work to watch the crows out in the sun strutting around.   

I can't believe it was only a week ago that my sister-in-law was here.  It feels like long ago. It feels like its been months since I was in Houston instead of three weeks.  So much has been going on in my life and around in the lives of people I care about.  Maybe that is what has made it feel like so much time has passed.  

I hope all is well with you.  Know that you are thought of, even those of you who happen to stop by whose names I don't know, and I wish you a spot of beauty in each day.  

Ciao y baci mis amicos.
TTFN 

1 comment:

  1. The Greece picture is way fun! I loved it there!

    ReplyDelete