10 Simple Pleasures
1. Sunsets. There's something about watching the sun sink below the mountain or the horizon. A day just about completed, be it good or bad, you know you've done it. A sense of gratification rises as the sun sets.
2. Chocolate. Be it hot chocolate, cake, brownie, candy, or cookie, the darker the better. Although, for some reason I just haven't been able to take chocolate ice cream.
3. Dr. Pepper. I always count on it to take the edge off a tense day. Or taste delicious with an In-N-Out burger or Mexican food. It also helps the aspirin go down for migraine medication which, thankfully I've not had in a great while.
4. Time. Time to relax, time to create, time to read, time to blog hop, to to clean. What? Time to clean? Who am I kidding? But time to think about it would be nice so I can then decline the thought.
5. Baking. The smells that come from the oven. Nothing like it to get the mouth watering, anxious for a bite of brownie, apple pie, cookies, cinnamon rolls, homemade rolls, or chocolate cake.
6. Sitting in my fuzzy bathrobe with a bowl of popcorn and a movie. The popcorn has to be hot air popped corn with melted real butter drizzled over top then sprinkled with popcorn salt. The movie can be just about anything - drama, adventure, or comedy.
7. Rows and rows of books. So many choices and so little time. And they just keep multiplying. "There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away..." - Emily Dickinson
8. Waffles. Waffles are a great comfort food in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening; topped ice cream, fruit, peanut butter, or just plain butter and syrup. They're great anytime of the day.
9. Sunshine. The rising of the sun brings the promise of a warm, sunny day. In my opinion there isn't anything better 'n that. I love hot days, with lots of sun. Lizards and I have a lot in common.
10. Spending time together. Most of the time you can count of lots of laughs and good times.
What are your simple pleasures?