Thursday, June 9, 2011

10 on the 10th

I'm hopping into Shimelle's 10 things on the 10th.  We get to pick 10 things, any things to list on the 10th of the month.  For my list with summer on the horizon I've decided to list 10 of my simple pleasures.  

Join us.



10 Simple Pleasures 


1. Sunsets. There's something about watching the sun sink below the mountain or the horizon.  A day just about completed, be it good or bad, you know you've done it.  A sense of gratification rises as the sun sets. 
2. Chocolate.  Be it hot chocolate, cake, brownie, candy, or cookie,  the darker the better.  Although, for some reason I just haven't been able to take chocolate ice cream. 
3. Dr. Pepper. I always count on it to take the edge off a tense day. Or taste delicious with an In-N-Out burger or Mexican food.  It also helps the aspirin go down for migraine medication which, thankfully I've not had in a great while. 
 4. Time.  Time to relax, time to create, time to read, time to blog hop, to to clean.  What?  Time to clean?  Who am I kidding?  But time to think about it would be nice so I can then decline the thought.

5. Baking. The smells that come from the oven.  Nothing like it to get the mouth watering, anxious for a bite of brownie, apple pie, cookies, cinnamon rolls, homemade rolls, or chocolate cake.
6. Sitting in my fuzzy bathrobe with a bowl of popcorn and a movie. The popcorn has to be hot air popped corn with melted real butter drizzled over top then sprinkled with popcorn salt.  The movie can be just about anything - drama, adventure, or comedy.

 7. Rows and rows of books.  So many choices and so little time.  And they just keep multiplying.  "There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away..." - Emily Dickinson
 
 8. Waffles.  Waffles are a great comfort food in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening; topped ice cream, fruit, peanut butter, or just plain butter and syrup.  They're great anytime of the day. 
9. Sunshine.  The rising of the sun brings the promise of a warm, sunny day. In my opinion there isn't anything better 'n that.  I love hot days, with lots of sun.  Lizards and I have a lot in common. 
 10. Spending time together. Most of the time you can count of lots of laughs and good times.


What are your simple pleasures?

34 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post! I love it! Oh and yes Dr. Pepper does go wonderfully with In-N-Out and Mexican!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful list - I totally agree on the chocolate, but I need a Coca-Cola with mine. And rows and rows of books are one of the best things around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I'm a Dr. Pepper fan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I must say all of those would be included on my list of simple pleasures too! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 10 things! My simple pleasure? White chocolate mocha, a good book and a day off...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely list with beautiful photos to accompany each one.
    Chocolate would feature on my list too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can certainly relate to many of the things on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice for a list and lovely photos to go with them.I'd certainly list a few of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list...athough you've made me crave a midnight snack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list and beautiful photos. Chocolate would be top of my list but I agree about chocolate ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this list ~ espacially chocolate, baking, books and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i concur with ur list of lovelies. loving the chocolate, cake, books and sunsets myself,
    jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything you posted looks and sounds so good, esp. the peach-topped waffle. I'd have to put chocolate cake at the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list - although I'm craving chocolate cake now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. im in for the cake, waffles and some time with friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great lists with great photos, esp love the baking and waffle pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I should try it next month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually, I think Dr.Pepper goes well with everything (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your list; made me feel hungry and reminded me of my Mother's apple pies, yum! Totally love sunsets too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun list, I love your happy photos! Have a great summer!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome list. I love melted bar one (like Marsbar) and banana on my wafflews!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your post and photos are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. a lovely post with great photos. I especially like Dr Pepper and Waffles and love the last photo of your family - very precious indeed to spend time with family and loved ones

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  24. great list of many happy things though I am not sure Dr Pepper would make it onto my top 100 let alone my top 10 lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post and I love Dr Pepper too but Diet Coke would be on my list. Have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely photos and an excellent list!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great list! I LOVE Dr. Pepper with In 'n Out and it does help take migraine meds!! Sunsets are another great one. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great list! LOVED that waffle. I never thought of putting ice cream on top. Definitely will be trying that!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I love your list - and many of them would be on mine too! Your susnset picture is my favourite though - I really love sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have hit on something here! You are my simple pleasure. (That's all 10!!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can agree with nearly all of these :) What a lovely idea for a list! I could add: hot buttered toast (or beans on toast, mmm...) or feeling my daughter reach for my hand as we walk together - a pleasure that comes more rarely now and will probably soon disappear forever, so not so simple after all!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful list and photos. I think my list would be similar.

    ReplyDelete