Sunday, June 12, 2011

Project 365 - Week 21

As I write the post I find myself in the Land of Enchantment.  And unfortunately minimal access to the internet as my mom doesn't believe in trying to deal with that new fandangly stuff.  Not that I can blame her.  It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, you know.  She has enough to deal with and learn now with her illness and she has been a real trooper.  All that to say that this will probably post late, waiting until I can get to my sister's house.
6.4.11 Saturday:  I enjoyed one of my simple pleasures tonight.   My Mann and I enjoyed some hot air popped corn and a movie.
6.5.11 Sunday:  I can’t believe it.  I think it’s the weather.
 No sun.
 Cold breeze.   
Everyone was in bed by 8:30 PM.  I had, basically, the house to myself.  It was really strange to be the only one awake that early in the evening. 
6.6.11 Monday:  Those clouds that have been hanging around finally released some moisture, but not enough for them to leave.  There was also a little stress at work.  I tell you it’s the weather.  Or could it be some seniors anxious about grades and on edge about whether or not they’ve passed all their classes? 
6.7.11 Tuesday:  I am trying my hand at doodling.  I’ve take up to doodling and altering a book.  But as you can tell I’m afraid to fully commit. 
6.8.11 Wednesday: Today was a big day.  There were some very excited seniors and their families as they shared in the accomplishments of these young people. 
6.9.11 Thursday:  Our school counselor received a beautiful orchid.  She wanted to share it with me.  I thought that was really sweet.  She put it in my office so I got to enjoy its beauty for the remainder of the week. 
6.10.11 Friday: My Mann’s family had a little mini family reunion.  A brother who we haven’t seen in years came from Utah with his family.  A sister who we have seen more regularly was also down with her husband.  The other three siblings and Dad Mann, all living here locally, got together for dinner and a visit.  Six of the seven brothers and sisters were together.
  
I got a picture of all the guys sitting around this table.  I just thought how special it was that they were all able to be together and catch up with each other’s lives.   Until I got up to take this picture I was the only non-male Mann at the table.
Wishing you all a pleasant week with at least one thing to be grateful for each day.
Ciao y baci mis amicos,
ttfn




 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely, lovely round up of your week :) I like your doodling - it's something I'd love to get into myself but, as you say, I can't quite commit... And I air-popped some corn only yesterday!! My kids love to have it in their packed lunches :)

    ReplyDelete