Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Before & After

In my Project 365 post I had mentioned how my sister came out last week to help me get my scrap/craft room cleaned up and organized.  
Didn't take a Before soon enough. My Sister showing the cluttered mess. There use to be more stuffsa on the chair as well.  I tell you it was awful in this area.  We already moved the big Expedit bookcase from in front of the work table.
Before, I couldn't bear to go in that area.  It made me tired just looking at it.  I had stuffsa and piles all over the place.  Basically if the surface was flat and I could set something down on it without it sliding off. That is where it would stay until I could figure out what to do with it.  Trouble was that I never got around to that part of it because it meant going back into my scrap/craft room, which frustrated me. 
I sat in the wicker chair going through piles and creating give away piles.
 During the process, especially at first, when my sister was pulling out piles and stashed treasures from cubbies and corners, I didn't think I'd be able to do it.  When I helped my sister get her scrap/stamping room cleaned out and organized she basically knew what was where and what she had.  We just had to get it all in places that made them easier to get to and use.  
I almost filled our big recycle trash can with stuff from the scrap/craft room
 I on the other hand had forgotten what was stashed where and what I had.  Some things she would pull out and ask Really? or What did you intend to do with this?   Do you know how frustrating that is?  At the time I brought it home I either had a plan for it or I liked it, but after having it hidden for so long I've forgotten or gotten over the joy for that item.  Towards the end of the week and my sister's gentle prodding I was able to get through it all and love it.
The Expedit bookcase can now fit under the window and it looks great there.
After all the time and energy put into cleaning up that area I now love it and I find myself walking in there a lot - sometimes just to admire it.  Usually while there I do a little something scrappy, crafty, or organize-y, which is 99% better than what had been happening.

What projects have caused you hit the wall and you needed help to extricate yourself?  My sister was my creative life line.  Who's yours

No comments:

Post a Comment