Sunday, July 10, 2011

Project 365 - Week 26

There is something about lazy, hazy, crazy, days of summer that have been slowing me down.  And you know what?  I'm feeling really good with that. I am using this time to just breathe and enjoy some simple non-techy, outdoorsy, soak-up-some-sun, times.  So my posts, though not plentiful in the past, will be more sparse for a time.   I will try to keep positing the once a week Project 365.
7.2.11 Saturday: Every year we have a weed abatement program "to abate fire hazard".  All dry brush has to been cleared from your property for 100 ft. radius of the house.  I happened to see the Official Notice which was posted a while back on the refrigerator when it arrived in the mail.  It got lost in the refrigerator collage until I was standing in front of it trying to decide what to eat.  The bright orange of the Notice caught my eye.  I removed it from where it was held with a magnet and actually read it.  Yikes! The deadline was June 1 and here it was July 1, a whole month later.  I became a little freaked out because they could send someone out to do it for us and charge us the fee.  I made the boys get out there and do it on this day, the 2nd. 


Now, as I'm writing this and looking at the Official Notice, reading it again I'm noticing that the Notice is looking a little different than in years past.  This time there are check boxes stating what needs to be done for your particular property.  This year the notice for our property was to have a 13 foot 6 inch overhead clearance.  The boys cleared the hill for nothing.  We don't have anything higher than 13 feet on our property.  This year was a cake year.  They didn't have to do anything.  Oh well, it was good exercise for them.  

7.3.11 Sunday:  We ate dinner outside today.  It was such a nice afternoon.  After the kidlets cleared the table and took all inside I just stayed outside and enjoyed the sounds of nature, colors of nature, and peace.

7.4.11 Monday:  Fourth of July! My Mann and I began the day more as labor day.  We manually turned and added nutrients into our sandstone dirt.  Once that was complete, just about did me in as well, we planted the grasses, coneflowers, salvias, and a pretty bush that I don't know the name of.  That patch looks so purdy.  The quail are enjoying that area as well.  For some reason the ravens are liking it as well.  They held a noisy raven convention out there and woke us up one morning.

Then My Boy made us red, white, and blue waffles. The red and blue came from the red and blue berries with whip cream on top.  I asked if anyone wanted ice cream on their waffles.  You would have thought I committed treason.  No, you can't have ice cream on your waffles today.  You're breaking with tradition!  We put ice cream on our waffles the first Sundays in April and October for General Conference! And it's July! No!

To finish out our day My Mann and I went out to the harbor to watch the local firework display.  It was a pleasant evening with just the two of us.  Being out by the water is always good.

7.5.11 Tuesday: The day was almost over when I remembered I hadn't taken my POTD.  And I wasn't really feeling like doing it.  Towards sunset we went out for an errand and I caught the sunset.  Sunsets always take my breath away. 


7.6.11 Wednesday:  Hmm.  I've been feeling so laid back that I didn't do a POTD for today.  I do remember sitting with My Mann, feet propped watching a movie on TV.  Relaxing.
 7.7.11 Thursday:  The sewing bug has bitten again.  I pulled out the tissue, scissors, pins, machines, and thread and made a shirt dress.  It all but complete for the hem and buttons.
7.8.11 Friday:  I hung out at the airport watching the planes land and hearing the roar of the engines as they took off.  Then I picked up my sister.  She's going to be with me for a bit.  Fun!

I hope all is well with you and that you're enjoying your summer to do what you want to do even if that something is nothing.

Ciao y baci mis amicos,
ttfn 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment