Sunday, August 14, 2011

Project 365 - Week 31

My, my what a week!  Lots of things to do, people to see, and places to go.  

8.6.11 Saturday: The morning was full of hard labor and supervising.  I mostly did the stupervising, watching with camera in hand, while the boys did the hard labor.  They were preparing the first level of stone for the retaining wall to make sure the remaining levels would be steady and secure.  I teased about how it looked more like they were planting a wall.  

Later we went to a wedding for a friend of the family and they boys rested from lifting, shifting and rearranging 70lb blocks again and again.

8.7.11 Sunday: I heard from a blogging friend who is visiting America and I spoke to her on the phone for the first time.  We made plans to meet later in the week.








8.8.11 Monday: Today is the first day of a training week.  I'm training a couple people to take over for the two most crucial parts of my job while I'm away.  The only problem with training is that it take twice or three times as long to complete the same job.  To me that is stressful knowing that I have to get things done in a limited amount of time and train people to do it at the same time.   

So, when I finally arrived home, tense and tired, after an extra long work day to find that My Sweet Pea fixed a delicious dinner, I was truly grateful.

8.9.11 Tuesday:  Ooh.  Long day. Short on energy even to take a picture of the day.

8.10.11 Wednesday:  I like my job.  One of the girls I've been training asked who had trained me.  I had to laugh as I told her that I've been with the school since it began, there was no one before me and I had to figure it all out myself.  I guess I've built my job.  Coming to work is even more enjoyable because of all the wonderful people I work with.

8.11.11 Thursday: This day started very, very early.  I woke up at 3:45 and never got back to sleep.  Took a picture of the clock by the bed, even.  I tossed and turned and turned and tossed until I finally got up when I needed to.  I hate when that happens, don't you?

8.12.11 Friday:  The last day.  I hope I have covered all my bases at work so they will be able to handle things while I'm away.  

The super uper best thing that happened today was that I had the awesome opportunity to meet Mel, of I Speak Melsh, and her two lovely children.  I've followed her blog for some time so to meet and see her in person was a wonderful treat.  We had a great visit and chance to talk.  Can you believe that she even brought me some great things from England.  I love patterned socks and she brought me a pair with the Royal guards on them and some sweets from England.  Yum.

2 comments:

  1. I am exhausted just reading about your week never mind living it with you!! Try to enjoy your away time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe it's taken me so long to get over here and comment! As you know, computer time is in short supply at the moment.... It was so good to meet you, and thank you for my lovely gift :) Hope all is going well this week, I'm thinking of you xx

    PS Blogger playing up! Hope Name/Url will work...

    ReplyDelete