Friday, August 19, 2011

Scavenger Hunt #7 and No Waiting Needed

My last post I talked about our finding the unicycle, but forgot to put the picture proof. It was pretty interesting to watch this young man maneuver and balance on this contraption. Thanks, Rinda for hosting this Scavenger Hunt.  It offers great fun and the opportunity to notice different things.
I've been making my way to Texas.  Hopping from California to New Mexico then driving from there to Texas  Along the highway from at least 50 miles out we started seeing billboards advertising  to stop for beavers.  Strange billboard.  As we kept passing these billboards I began to realize that the point of the billboards were to get you to stop at a place called Buc-ees,  whose mascot or logo was a beaver. A place catering to the motorist needing gas, and bodily relief,  as well as food, snacks, trinkets and souvenirs.  (We succumbed to them all) Other billboards advertised the most clean toilets.  Another that said they had 39 toilets.  I don't know if the billboards power of suggestion to use the toilets at Buc-ees or all the water I had been drinking, but by the time we got to that point I was ready to check out those toilets.  


This is the one and probably the only time I'll see so many toilet stalls in one place and in such clean conditions. There were even dispensers of antibacterial liquid everywhere, in the stalls and outside. 



Now, tell me, have you ever seen a place with such high traffic where you didn't need wait? That red sign pointing to the right is pointing to more bathroom stalls down an equally long corridor. 

Texans know how to do things right.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post today! It makes me so happy that there are so many people enjoying the scavenger hunt. And the toilet corridor picture is hilarious! It's amazing what you can find when you keep your eyes open.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete