Chocolate has been on my mind more than usual lately and I ran across some rules for eating chocolate. I gathered ten of the to share for 10 on the 10th.
1. Prevent a chocolate mess by eating your chocolate quickly.
2.Contrary to popular belief it is OK not to share your chocolate.
3. Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices, blueberries, and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as much as you like.
4. Chocolate is a health food. Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans. Beans = vegetables. Sugar is derived either from sugar beets or cane and both are vegetables. Of course the milk/cream is dairy. So, eat more chocolate to meet the dietary requirements for daily vegetable and dairy intake.
5. Chocolate is a good source of copper, which our bodies need. Our diets are typically low in copper so consider it a necessity for good health to eat some chocolate every day.
6. Eat a chocolate bar before your meal. It will take the edge off your appetite and you will eat less.
7. Once money DID grow on trees. The Aztec and Mayan civilizations used cocoa beans as money. When they had more than they could spend they would brew the excess into a hot chocolate drink.
8.Chocolate releases serotonin, the hormone that makes you feel relaxed, calm, and happy. Remember stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Chocolate desserts are by far the best stress releaser.
9. Eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate for a well balanced diet.
and number Ten...
Visit Shimelle's blog to see more 10 on the 10th links others have to share. Happy 10 on the 10th.