Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chocolate


Chocolate has been on my mind more than usual lately and I ran across some rules for eating chocolate.  I gathered ten of the to share for 10 on the 10th.

1. Prevent a chocolate mess by eating your chocolate quickly.

2.Contrary to popular belief it is OK not to share your chocolate.

Image Credit

3. Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices, blueberries, and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as much as you like.

4. Chocolate is a health food.  Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans.  Beans = vegetables.  Sugar is derived either from sugar beets or cane and both are vegetables.  Of course the milk/cream is dairy.  So, eat more chocolate to meet the dietary requirements for daily vegetable and dairy intake.
Image Credit

5. Chocolate is a good source of copper, which our bodies need.  Our diets are typically low in copper so consider it a necessity for good health to eat some chocolate every day.

6. Eat a chocolate bar before your meal.  It will take the edge off your appetite and you will eat less.
Image Credit

7. Once money DID grow on trees.  The Aztec and Mayan civilizations used cocoa beans as money.  When they had more than they could spend they would brew the excess into a  hot chocolate drink.

8.Chocolate releases serotonin, the hormone that makes you feel relaxed, calm, and happy.  Remember stressed spelled backwards is desserts.  Chocolate desserts are by far the best stress releaser.
Image Credit

9. Eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate for a well balanced diet.

and number Ten...
I saw this sign while visiting a chocolate factory in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I make lists all the time so this is my favorite rule.  Must have some chocolate every day.  How about you?

Visit Shimelle's blog to see more 10 on the 10th links others have to share.  Happy 10 on the 10th.

10 comments:

  1. A great list! I'm particularly liking number 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Especially #6 - if that is the key to eating less, I have been missing out. I must try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you think! Especially about not sharing your chocolate, and counting it as a fruit when appropriate. Another favorite of mine is: "the darker, the better."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda ~ Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment. :o) I LOVE your list of 10 things related to chocolate. It's perfect! {I'm off to find chocolate in my kitchen right now...}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! Fabulous list & great excuses for me to eat my recently purchased bar of
    chocolate ;-)
    Thankyou for commenting on my blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best 10 things list ever! lol I love how you think; I believe we're kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with them all! What a great list! Thanks for popping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmmmmm chocolate,ooooh now i don`t have to feel guilty about keeping it all to myself,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. had ahard time picking a fave~I like chocolate too!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE chocolate! And I love this list. What a great idea for 10 things!

    ReplyDelete