Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Scavenger Hunt #8

It feels like it has been ages since I've done any blogging instead of a few weeks.  I didn't realize that I would miss blogging as much as I do.  Before leaving to be with my mom for her surgery and recovery I was feeling overwhelmed with ideas, worries, preparations for leaving home and work for such a long period of time and no energy to carry them out; then you add blogging and that that just added to the stress. 

Now, that I'm home I'm ready to get back into some routine.  Routine is good.

I want to get back into the routine of things by sharing some more of the items our team has found for Rinda's scavenger hunt challenge.  


Item #15 on the list is Graffiti Art.  This had us stumped for a bit.  The town where I thought we would be able to find something instead offered nothing.  The graffiti clean up works very quickly it seems.  We even called the graffiti clean up hotline to see if they knew of any location reported which they hadn't painted over yet.  Although as I thought about it I wasn't very hopeful that the graffiti we would find would be "art", it's mostly tagging.  I was beginning to think that this may be one item we wouldn't be able to get.

Then I remembered the Berlin Wall.
Image borrowed from here
It has graffiti on the West Berlin side of it 

and I know where there is a piece of it. 

The above picture is a sobering reminder of the hardships East Berlin had to endure. 

As we arrived the sun was beginning its decent for the day so the lighting wasn't cooperative for the picture, but you can still see it.  

I like going to county fairs.  There are lots of things, people and food to see there. Last year I went by myself and carried a heavy box and awkward bag of pots and pans. By the time I got to the car I thought my fingers would fall off due to lack of circulation from the make shift tape handle the vendor made to carry the said heavy box and bag.  Still happy with the pots and pans, by the way.


Anyway, last month I went to our smaller county fair this time with My Mann and came back with nothing but fun memories.  Much easier to carry.  While there I was able to capture Item #9 A festival or fair
For me the best parts of a county fair are the vendors, the garden and floral displays, the pig races, the equestrian judging, the informative little lectures given in the various garden, children, or craft venues, and of course all the different the animals.  This year I especially loved the sheep.  The food isn't that much of a draw for me nor are the amusement park rides.  They just don't seem that safe to me.  

How about you.  What do you like about going to the fair? 




1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back blogging and happy that the scavenger hunt helped you get there. LOVE the piece of the Berlin Wall. My favorite parts of the fair are the competition booths - especially photography and quilts.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete