Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Deceased

Source
"And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger."
 

Yesterday we reflected on those people who are living.  Today our grateful challenge is to list 10 deceased people we are grateful for.  


  • My dad.  He made life fun.
  • My Mann's dad and
  • My Mann's mom.  I'm grateful for bringing up and raising their son to be the kind of man My Mann became.
  • My maternal grandmother and
  • My paternal grandmother.  Both are converts to the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful they shared the gospel with their children.
  • My aunt Mary who was like a grandmother to me when my grandmother wasn't able. I'm grateful for her love.
  • Jesus who really isn't dead but he isn't living on the earth at this time. I'm grateful for all he has done
  • My elderly friend, Alice, who must have been a spunky person in her youth and had a great deal of stories and changes she saw in her life. She shared about the first time she saw a plane or saw bubble gum. I'm grateful I was able to know her.
  • Zeba.  She isn't a people really but I'm grateful for the laughs and love she shared with us. 

Who, that is now deceased. are you grateful for?  Would your life be different if they had never been a part of it?

This is the evening we commemorate the Savior's birth.  Merry Christmas Eve, my lovelies.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment