Friday, December 2, 2011

Fate

“To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.”

You’re so awesome.  Thanks for stopping by.

Here we are on the first day of the last month of the 2011th  year.  Driving home this week I have been so amazed by the display of beautiful,brilliant orange leaves and touches of red berries on some of the trees in the valley.  Then I remember  Christmas is right around the corner and we should be saying farewell to fall.  A part of me isn't ready to say good-bye to Autumn, but know I can’t stop time.

I have been giving a lot of thought in these days just before and following Thanksgiving about the advent of Christmas.  What do I want for Christmas?  How do I want to celebrate the season? I think part of that has been spurred by seeing so many people preparing for Journal your Christmas and Ali Edward's December Daily.  I’ve been resisting the nudgings to join this merriment for a number of reasons.  First, I don’t need to add stress to my life.  Second, I really don’t have the time each day to devote to this kind of commitment.  and Third, I don't have any Christmas paper I would like to work with for 31 days. If I had to work with Christmas paper I'd like it to have that old fashion Christmas flavor.  I don’t have any of that on hand. 

I had done pretty well to resist.

That is until I started rationalizing.

You know you've been wanting to write down some of those memories of traditions and stories of Christmases past.

Growing up and family circumstances are changing how we celebrate the holiday and journaling Christmas may be a good way to capture those changes and new traditions.

You don’t have to make it an every day commitment.  You could choose to write as many as you want or don’t want.  Even Ali has said to use the word daily loosely – as a guide and Shimelle has suggested if you don’t have the time to just use the prompts that speak to you. 

You don't even have to use Christmas paper.  You could blog your memories and stories.

Then just the other day I walked into Joann’s Craft and Sewing Store and saw it.  A 12x12 Specialty paper pad of Christmas paper by K&Company.  It's part of the Brenda Walton Evergreen Theme.  The paper pad is all color coordinated and the paper is perfectly old fashioned looking. 

I came home and signed up for Journal your Christmas with Shimelle, who has been hosting this class every December since 2004.  The fates had something else in mind for me and only time will tell how well it will go.        

I bet you all have wonderful holiday plans.  I 'd like to hear what you have up your sleeves.  

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely picture and a lovely post. You won't regret signing up for JYC - it's an awesome experience.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete