Thursday, December 29, 2011

Food

By Del Parson
"And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child."

One of the large parts of the holidays is food.  I know I have been enjoying more than my far share of delicious, wonderful food.  Today our gratitude challenge is all about food.  List 10 that you're grateful for.

  • Mexican food is at the top of my list.  bring on the enchiladas, tacos, burritos, taquitos, my aunts homemade tamales, and the frijoles and rice.  Although the hot and spicy chili and salsa I can do with minimally.  I didn't get that part of the Mexican taste buds.
  • Chocolate. The darker the chocloate the better.  If the dark chocolate has cherries,  caramel, or nuts added that's perfect.
  • Fruits. I am so grateful that there are so many delicious types of fruit.  Watermelons, berries, mangos, and all kinds of apples. 
  • Waffles.  I'm grateful for our waffle traditions.  They are more than just breakfast for us.  
  • Pumpkin Pie.  Pumpkin pie means Thanksgiving no matter when I have it.  I'm glad we have Thanksgiving.
  • Cranberry Salsa.  I am grateful for Cranberry salsa this year.  I made it so many times to take to parties and it was a huge success every time. I'm glad that people enjoyed eating it.  I know I did.  
  • Chocolate Scotcheroos.  Chocolate Scotcheroos remind me of my mom.  She would always make these delectable goodies for the holidays. 
  • Salads.  I am grateful for green salads and that I am able to taste and enjoy them.  
  • Trader Joe's Apple Cider.  So grateful for this delicious cider.  It is perfect for these cool evenings.
  • Water.  I know that water is technically not a food but I'm grateful for it anyway.  I drink a lot of this clear liquid.  It is so good for you and very refreshing with ice and a squeeze of lemon. 
Do you have some foods you are grateful for?  What might they be and why?


Have a wonderful day, my lovelies. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment