Thursday, December 22, 2011

Material Possessions

Source
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tiding of great joy, which shall be to all people."

 I find it interesting that today's scripture is talking about tidings of great joy.  There is nothing material in the news these shepherds were about to receive and how it would affect their lives.  

Often we get caught up in the things that will bring us joy and happiness.  I have found that it generally isn't in the material things that happiness is found.  I think it lies more in the relationships we have with family, friends, and our God and His Son that bring us the most happiness and joy.  

Having said that our Grateful prompt for today is List 10 Material Possessions you are grateful for.  
  •  My home, which is more like the house My Mann built.  I also love that we can accommodate so many for things like Thanksgiving dinner.
  • My car.  It functions, it handles well, it's roomy, and it takes me places.
  •  My computer. Life was so different without a computer.  It has opened whole new worlds to me.
  • My camera.  It gives me an avenue to experiment artistically.
  • My hair clip.  I use hair clips at least once daily.  One hair clip in particular has an extra special meaning. When on a family reunion in 1999 I realized I left my clip at home and didn't have one with me.  My nephew, then about 12 years old, while stopping to pick up some things at the store with his mother told her of my dilemma. Because of his thoughtfulness they bought a clip for me and I use it still even with it's now missing teeth. 
  • Some special pieces of jewelry purchased on travels or given me by My Mann and My Sweet Pea.  
  • My king size water bed.  We are probably one of the very few people who own and still love our waterbed.  I bought it just before I married 35 years ago.
  • My lambs wool blanket, especially now that the weather is colder.  I'm just as bad as a child dragging my blankey all over the house with me.  I wrap up in it while I'm working on projects, reading, or watching TV, etc.
  • My sewing machine.  It gives me another avenue of creativity and functionality.
  •  My cell phone.  I love my cell phone.  It's not an iPhone, but I love it just the same.  It makes me happy.
I didn't realize that it would be so difficult to think of 10 material possessions I was grateful for.  Maybe that's a good sign.  We can only hope.  

I took yesterday's prompt and made a 12x12 page out of it.  I just used the my list of 10 from the post as the journaling for the page.
I hope you have a meaningful day as you contemplate those things you are grateful for.  Please share if you feel inclined as I'd love to know what they are.

3 comments:

  1. I think that is a good sign :)

    PS I do totally adore your camera strap though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 12x12 came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 12x12 came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete