" Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
I hope you all had a merry, pleasant, and joyous Christmas. I loved the opportunity Christmas gives us to gather around family and reconnect with cousins, second cousins, and aunts and uncles that we rarely see. It's so good to see everyone.
A line from a Christmas carol - Heaven and nature sing. Heaven and nature sing.
To continue our gratitude challenge today we will list 10 things we're grateful about nature. This one wasn't too difficult for me as I love nature. It was hard containing it to ten things.
- The sun. I love the sun. The warmth. The light.
- The rhythm of the waves and tides controlled by the moon.
- Snowflakes. When you see the landscape blanketed in snow it's hard to remember that it is comprised of beautiful, individual flakes of frozen water droplets. These flakes have fallen and nestle together to create the drifted blanket and a hush in the air. It's beautiful to look at - not necessarily to be in.
- The Stars. It's always a wonder to be to see the stars in the night sky and realized that the light I see from them now was emitted long, long, ago.
- Gravity. What would be without gravity.
- The beauty of a large bird that has caught an updraft and hovers and dips in it.
- The ever changing colors of the seasons and the seasonal changes that come and go in wildlife.
- The variety of birds, fish, mammals, plants, and geologic formations.
- The marvel of conception and birth.
- The wonder of the universe and our miraculous positioned planet, which is able to sustain life and is just a speck in the vastness of it all. And God is mindful of us.