Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Physical Abilities

By Carl Heinrich Bloch
" And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid."

This year I've worked a lot on being grateful.  After reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts, I even kept a running list.  That running list was helpful in those down and out days.  I re-learned that gratitude is a choice.  I could choose to focus on the things I didn't have and the things that didn't go right or I could focus on those things that I did have and the little moments that were good.  

During the holiday season there is a lot to be grateful for even when things look pretty slim in the wallet.  For instance, My Mann came home last Friday with a 32" flat screen TV he won in a drawing at the electrical supply house he uses.  Something he has been wanting, pleading, and dreaming of for several years.
  
I realize that when I forget to be grateful I start taking things for granted. I don't want to be like that.  I want to enjoy what I have been given and then share with others those things I do have.      

I came across this prompt for creating a gratitude list of 100 items.   For the next 10 days I'm going to take one prompt to focus on and possibly figure out a way to scrapbook each list.  If I get to scrapbooking them or not I couldn't think of a better way to end out the year than Listing those things I'm grateful for.  I'd love it if you joined me and if you would share your list of 10 for that day. 

For our first list of 10: 
1. List 10 physical abilities you're grateful for.

I'm grateful that I can:
Source
  •  run, jump, walk, kneel, hula hoop, and dance.
  • see the beauty around me, color, the sea, the sun, and to read.
  • hear the sounds of children voices and laughter, songs of birds, the voices of my family members and friends who speak words of kindness and love.
  • that I have strong arms and able hands to type, write, carry loads, steady others, and hug.
  • balance my body which gives me the ability to walk, along with so many other things that I don't consciously realize require balance. 
  • do gardening, to be out tending plants.
  • do cooking or baking with ease, giving me the ability to care for others.
  • do housework and try to beautify my little corner in the world.
  • drive a vehicle which allows me to be employed, taxi my family to various places, and run errands.
  • breathe unlabored and live another day.   

 While that barely scratches the surface I hope I remember them and remember to use those abilities to help another.  

What physical abilities are you grateful for?

Have a wonderful day.




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea - good for you :) (And congratulations on your Mann's win!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, life-affirming post today.
    Thanks!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete