Monday, December 5, 2011

Weather Outside is Frightful

By Walter Rane
"And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God."


What kind of weather means Christmas to you?  In my space of the world many years we spend  a pleasant day in short sleeves and cotton.  Other times long sleeves are needed and still other years turtlenecks and sweaters may be the wardrobe of the day.



To me, it feels more like Christmas when the weather has a nip in the air. 

source
I'm not crazy about the cold.  Actually, I abhor it, but I think  snow makes Christmas magical.  The lights sparkle brighter.  The snow crystals reflect the color of Christmas lights further.  Maybe I've been brainwashed by all those Christmas movies.  No, I witnessed that beauty with my own eyes one year as we traveled between Christmas and New Years through Vale ski resort in Colorado one blizzardy night.  It is beautiful...and it was cold!     

But the weather isn't what makes Christmas Christmas.  It's the love we feel for family and friends.  It's the love we feel because God loved us first.  It's the love we show towards others on the road, the store, the post office, at work, at school, and anywhere we may be.

Merry Christmas no matter what your weather may be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment