Friday, January 13, 2012

Cake Decorating

A long time ago.  I mean a really, really long time ago.  Like three years ago.   Well, maybe not that long ago, but it was a long time ago.  I ripped a page out of a Mary Engelbreit Magazine, Home Companion, because I liked it.  It was my magazine so I could do things like that. 
The amazing thing is that I still have that page.  Even more amazing than that is that I knew, I really knew, where to find it again.  That is a rare thing for me.  I'm always losing things because I put them in a "safe place" then I can't remember where that safe place was. This time I remembered where that safe place was.  I saved it thinking that maybe, just maybe, I might make a scrapbook page using the positioning of the pictures the same as they were on that particular page.

Supplies: Kit Ever After Krystall Hartley paper, Flergs Cupcake Cutie embellishments
 I went to my file of hard copy inspiration.  I found that ripped out page from years past.  I turned it into a digital page.  Scrapbook page #1.  I didn't stray too far from the original inspiration, but I learned a lot with this page.  I was able to figure out how to do rounded corners.  I am so grateful for the many tutorials that people put out on the web for people like me to glean.  Thank you sharing people.

How did you do this week?  Did you learn something new?  Did you get a step done towards a goal?




   


2 comments: