Tuesday, January 10, 2012

December Roundup

It's roundup time. 
Source
Just as roundups gather in cattle or horses in order to take care of the herds this roundup is a gathering of memories and events from life over the past month to get them recorded. 

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?  During the month of December I read Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol.  I've tried reading this book during December for a few years now.  This time I was actually able to start and finish it by Christmas. 

What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month? Because of the holiday season there were lots of Christmas specials on Hallmark TV.  It was nice watching shows like Christmas Angel, Santa Claus 3, and  Nanny for Christmas.  We also watched our video movies of The Muppet Christmas Carol.  I like this time of year when there are so many good, uplifting movies offered on TV. 
Between Christmas and New Years we went to see some of the new movies that are out.  My Sweet Pea went with us to see Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows.  We really liked this movie.  A very funny surprise at the end of the movie.   My Mann and I saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol the next day and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.  It was nice going to the theater.  It's been some time since we've been.

What fun things did I do with my family and /or friends? There have been a lot of fun things done with family and friends during December mostly due to the nature of holiday gatherings.  
  • There was the work holiday party and gift exchange.  I brought the Cranberry Relish and cream cheese.  It was a big hit and a much requested recipe.
  • My Mann and I had a game evening with My Boy and some of his friends where I learned how to play Hearts.  
  • We all went to the family Christmas Eve party where we enjoyed family and the traditional tamale dinner.
  • After church Christmas day we went to My Mann's sister's house where we had a delicious ham dinner and visited with his family.  I took  Cranberry Relish and Cream Cheese to this dinner, again it was a hit.  Even my nephew, a professional head chef, was impressed by it.  Not an easy feat. 
  • Going to the movies (Sherlock Holmes) with My Sweet Pea, then she treated us to dinner at TGIFriday
  • Going to the movies a second time with My Mann.  This time Mission Impossible.
  • Spending a beautiful morning at the beach then enjoying a delicious bowl of clam chowder with a friend.

What gifts did I give and /or receive? This Christmas our list of gift recipients was very small.
 I gave money to both kidlets as that was something that they both needed and wanted.  Their yearly Christmas ornament was also one of their gifts as well as an Adelle CD for My Sweet Pea and a supply of Kraft Mac n Cheese and Top Ramen for My Boy to take with him to school.  My mom I gave some cards that I made using photographs I had taken.    I gave my sister-in-law a scrapbook kit and the book Collage Lab and my brother-in-law got a gift certificate for Ebay.  

For Christmas I received gift certificates for a couple different stores and a date with My Sweet Pea.  Along with the gifts certificates there was also cash and Bobbie Brown make-up. 

What special or unusual purchases did I make?  I think my special purchase is a scrapbook class for the next year.  I am doing My Story. Brilliant with Linda Sattgast. 

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?  I didn't have any illness or health concerns for myself but we did  have concerns for Zeba.  We watched her progressively decline, daily, in health until a decision had to be made.  I took her one day early in December to the vet then brought home her body to bury in the backyard.  She brought us many happy times.   

What were my accomplishments this month?  I completed my first paid commission for senior pictures.
What were my disappointments this month?  I wasn't able to get a family picture at the beach before My Boy left for school.  

 How did I do on my goals for the month?  I got a Christmas picture postcard made and mailed out this year.  That was a major deal and I haven't done this for several years.  This year I felt a need to do so and I was able to complete it.  

Anything else noteworthy to include?  We started out on New Years Eve to take My Boy to school.  We went as far as Salt Lake City where we brought in the New Year and stayed with My Mann's nephew. 

Thank you Katie, the Scrapbook Lady for the Roundup questions and idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment