Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Son

Over the weekend we had to chance to wish My Boy a happy birthday in person. Spring break fell at the right time. 
My Boy showing off his scars from knee surgery three weeks ago.
 Around here the birthday celebrant gets to choose the menu for their birthday dinner and their birthday cake. This year My Boy had the strong desire for a taco dinner.  What made this double good for him is that I made them.  Usually he is the one the one in the kitchen frying up tortillas to make taco shells then filling them with meat.    
 It isn't a real taco dinner at our house if there aren't arms or hands reaching and crossing all in a pleasantly choreographed dance as we pick and choose the fillings for our own tacos.  Some prefer sour cream or not, mild or hot salsa, tomatoes or not.  My Boy prefers not. And then there's the order in which everyone prefers their fillings.  Is it cheese first or last?  That depends on who you ask.

For his birthday cake it was no surprise that My Boy would choose Lemon Meringue Pie. 
 With ice cream none the less.

Happy birthday, Son.

  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your boy! I like his choice for dessert!! :)

    ReplyDelete