Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

I thought I would be missing some of our usual Easter traditions this year.  I thought I would be 9 degrees north of the equator at this time but, life has a funny way of doing its own thing.  But that's another story.


Instead I am here with my kidlets one who is taller and one thankfully still shorter than me.  My Boy is home from college for Spring break.  I love that he chose to come home instead of somewhere else.  I just thought of something.  I was the one choosing to be somewhere else for Spring break.  Bad, bad, Marme. 
Since I'm still 30 degrees higher than I expected to be I got to spend time with My Sweet Pea all week and see My Boy early.

My Sweet Pea took the initiative to get things all decorated.
She went all out.  I barely took Valentine decorations down.

Then we took part in an almost decade  old family tradition.  I wish I could find the picture fast enough of My Sweet Pea, pulled up to the table in her high chair, surrounded with sugar cookies and icing.   Instead you and I will have to be content with a current photo. 
After decorating cookies My Boy joined us for another tradition.  Adding pastel springtime colors to eggs, the symbol of new life.
Only this year the egg coloring involved additional paraphernalia.  You gotta love it.

Happy Easter!

"The miracle of the Atonement is not just that we can live after we die but that we can live more abundantly (see John 10:10). The miracle of the Atonement is not just that we can be cleansed and consoled but that we can be transformed (see Romans 8). Scriptures make it clear that no unclean thing can dwell with God (see Alma 40:26), but, no unchanged thing will even want to."  His Grace Is Sufficient - Brad Wilcox





No comments:

Post a Comment