Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Travel Journal #1

Last month while my computer was down I obviously wasn't able to do much web surfing, Pinterest pinning, or blog hopping.  During the month I was also planning for a much awaited and much needed cruise.  So I used that time to put together a travel journal to take with me.

Last year I took Mary Ann Moss' Remains of the Day class.  I loved that class.  It opened up all kinds of windows for me.  Last year I made a Christmas journal which I didn't end up using for December Daily but it's all ready for December this year.  That's me.  A day late and a dollar short.

Well, I wasn't a day late for my travel journal.  Instead I was.........well I don't know exactly what I was except maybe grounded.  I had it all done in time and ready to go with me to Panama, Cartagena and other exotic places.  Only we didn't go.

I've been doing some composition book altering for my daily journals.  I'll have to let you in on what I've been doing one of these days.  But those alterations led me a step further in combination with what I've learned from Remains of the Day.  Only this time I ripped out the pages from the composition book.
I had my own pages made via Remains of the Day technique.  Although I used more whole pages with less patchwork in anticipation of all the pictures and writing I would be doing.

I did use some recycled mail.
Envelopes for the daily cruise compass.

And an especially nice piece from Sourthwest Airlines that I thought would make an interesting insert.
I covered some of it with some kraft paper.in order to cover up the advertisement.
I left the front and back cover fairly empty so I could add souvenir ephemera to them and a title.   
Well I guess my travel journal will be ready for a trip at a later date......if I don't decide to use it before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment