Sunday, April 29, 2012

Travel Journal #2

I earlier this month I showed you the travel journal I made for myself.  Shortly after I made a travel journal for my mom to take on our cruise.  I got the idea from Heidi Swapp back to back book binding and tweaked it just a smidgen.

I again love those composition books.  I think the are just the right size.  I ripped all the pages out of it leaving me with the nice hard cover and lots of scrap paper.


What I like about his book is that it was so fast and so easy to glue together.  No sewing involved. . . not that it was terribly difficult to sew the signatures into my travel journal.  Quite easy as a matter of fact but the sewing is just an extra step not needed for the journal making it that much faster.


After that it's a matter of folding the pages to size.  I like the fact that the paper isn't long enough to do two full pages.  You get a peek at what's coming up that way.


Gluing the pages back to back give them a lot of stability.


I used some edge punches to give a little variation to the page edges on the left there.


How do you like my lovely Vanna White toe to display and hold the pages open?  I didn't put any extra embellishments on any of the pages.  I was afraid if I did it would overwhelm her and she wouldn't know how to put her pictures and notes in it.  Hence, I left it wide open for my mom to add pictures, ephemera, and whatever else she wanted.
 
 
To finish up or adhere the pages to the cover all you need to do is glue the first page to the inside front and the last page to the inside back covers.  Then you're done.



Piece of cake.  This is the cover.  Also left pretty much blank for a title or special picture of the cruise. . . which we hope to reschedule and take at a later date.

It's amazing how much I got done last month with my computer being down.  I'm realizing that I have to curb my computer time as it tends to suck time without my realizing it.  How about you?  Anything suck your time away?  How do you deal with it?







1 comment:

  1. I loved your Vanna White toe!! It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete