Thursday, May 17, 2012

Popcorn Popping


Do you know how it is when you learn or hear about something but it doesn't have the same impact as actually being there or seeing it with your own eyes?  That is how it was for me when I could experience and see the Coliseum, Sistine Chapel, and Pompeii with my own eyes.  It made all those history lesson come to life.


Seeing nature in its own habitat is another of those things.  Touching a sting ray, being in a plane watching the lightening in the clouds, and watching lima beans sprout and grow almost right before your eyes.

Source

When my kidlets were little they use to sing a song called Popcorn Popping.

It has a catchy little tune and the words go like this:
I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I could take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet,
It wasn't really so,
But it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

Around  here we are very familiar with summer.We kind of know what winter is.  Isn't that the weather that is a little cooler than the summer weather with some rain sprinkled in? 

My Boy is no longer in sunny California .  He has sprouted wings and  is off making a life for himself.  Part of that life is learning new things and having new experiences.

He shared one of those amazing new experiences with me in the form of a picture and text message.

Text message: Popcorn popping!

He is experiencing real spring after having seen snow fall for the first time in his short life of 23 years.  My poor deprived children.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post today! I love how it captures so much of life - from experiences that have to be lived to be believed to your description of watching your boy begin to experience life.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete