Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Labyrinth, A Path

A maze, labyrinth, or trail.  I was certain that I wouldn't just run across this required photo scavenger hunt item this summer.  A fellow participant mentioned that she had Googled to find one in her area.  Brilliant!  I followed suit.
 I located one about an hour away in beautiful Pasadena, CA.

The labyrinth was located in a beautiful natural habitat garden in the middle of a residential neighborhood.  Truly a treasure for the garden's neighbors. 
 Some time after I had explored this garden and labyrinth My Mann, Sweet Pea, Boy and I went to a birthday party at my cousin's home.  I have been coming to this home since I was a little girl when it belonged to my aunt and uncle who are now on the other side of the veil.  My parents brought me here for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter dinners.  Once as a very young 4yr old I stayed here with my aunt, uncle and cousins while my parents went on a trip. Now, My Mann and I have bringing our children here.

Having mazes, labyrinths and trails on the brain, we drove up and I saw the all too familiar path.  I had a wave of love rush over me.
This path leads to love.
This path leads to the central gathering place for my father's side of the family.

This path leads to delicious smells of cooked turkeys, baked hams and bar-b-ques.
This path leads to love
This path leads to tables heaped full of all kinds of potatoes, salads, breads, side dishes of vegetables, guacamole and chips, cakes, candies, desserts, and red punch that is too sweet.
This path leads to laughter, stories, and sharing adventures.
Did I say this path leads to love?  Well, it does.

I am so grateful to my parent for leading me safely through the mazes and labyrinths of life and down the path of family love and family ties; the path leading to spiritual faith and the gospel of Jesus Christ and at an early age placing my feet on the straight and narrow path which leads to our heavenly home.

My darlings, my wish is that along your paths you will find direction, lots of love and laughter to help you along your way.

Ciao, bellas.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post today - from the Pasadena labyrinth all the way to the path to love and spirituality.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete