Thursday, September 27, 2012

Grow

In our little family we are experiencing a season of growth.  I chose this word back in January as my word of focus for 2012.  At the time I was thinking of my own growth for the year.
 Unbeknownst to me at the first of they year I had no inkling of the growth that I would be pushed into.  At the time I was thinking about creative growth.  Instead that growth has taken a whole different avenue.  I'll have to write later about some of that growth later.

For our family it appears that it will be growing in a couple directions.  The first is the growth I am starting to see in My Boy as he has learned how to navigate major surgery, on his body, and all the after math that goes with that while away at school and all alone without family support, he is learning that school is more exciting and interesting now that he is focusing on his major courses, and now this year he is experiencing growing pains as he is learning how to plan and provide for a family.  My Boy is growing up.

He and his girl friend have recently become engaged and I was thrilled to be invited by them to take their engagement pictures.
Collage created in PicMonkey.  (Thanks Rinda for that suggestion.)
Watching the two of them discuss their future plans has been interesting and fun to see.    This quote from Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction" reminds me of their lives and how they are beginning to look together in the same direction of their shared future.

Ciao, mi bellas, may your days bring new growth in small and rewarding ways.

Ciao. 

2 comments: