Sunday, September 16, 2012

Liberate Your Art

This year I took a leap to get out of my comfort zone.  To Grow a bit.  I joined Kat in liberating my art.

This is the art I "published".  It was difficult to choose the piece I wanted to use.  (in advance I apologize for the weird color variance on the photo that are uploading to the blog.  I don't see those on my computer but they are showing up on the uploaded pictures.)
Each time I ran across this rose drying on the bush in early October with the play of the sun and the dark background I would pause and dream.

When I starting receiving postcards in the mail of other's art I wasn't the only one captivated by them.
The first was the from Kathryn Hall with her drawing of her happy woman. It makes me smile every time I see it.

Next was the beautiful peacock from Natasha Papousek,  I just love peacocks and the beautiful embellishments with a hint of glitter is lovely.

That postcard was followed by the intricately doodled turtle designed by Pointy Pix.  Just amazing!  I wish I could doodle like that.

A little later a photograph of a lovely room that draws you in.  I can just see myself walking in to examine all the fun textiles and pieces furniture there, imagining how they would look in my house.  Kathy Bautze submitted this photograph saying it was on of her favorite places to go for dreaming.  I am so with her, there.

When the photograph submitted by Chandra Tyler came I felt a little of the kindred spirit.  She photographs the same things I love to photograph! Architecture. Color. Buildings. Gardens. Secret little side streets.

Lastly, as the finale for our Liberate Your Art campaign, our host and wonderful liberator Kat, sent her photographed piece.  Again a kindred spirit as in her photographing choices.  Thank you Kat for this wonderful experience.  I felt very intimidated when I joined, not sure of what or how I was going to participate in the process, but so glad I did.

You can click here to see others who have joined the Liberate Your Art bloghop.



7 comments:

  1. Great post! I really enjoyed this swap. Funny how you received postcards designed by 3 of the same artists that I received from (not counting Kat). And you're the first to post one of the postcards I sent! Yay, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I say 3? No make that 4 of the same artists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to meet you; the swap was such fun. Your postcards are lovely...both given and received. See you next year, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You received a great collection. I love every one of them. And I know what you mean about our California fall light on fading flowers. Very dreamy.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great set of postcards you sent and received.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a lot of fun. I still have to work my way through the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete