Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Without Libraries, What Have We?

Many years ago when we were homeschooling we lived at our local library.  Every week we were there for at least a couple hours researching the latest subjects of interest on the many shelves.  Friday was our library day.   

Then a funny thing happened.  The kidlets grew up, formal schooling at home stopped, I began working full time and the library became a sweet memory.

Recently, I found some time on my hands and with that extra time I was able to think about doing some reading.  So, I found myself back at the local library.  Only this time I was alone.  I was back visiting with a long, lost friend.  During those years away the library underwent a growth spurt and some interior changes in the preexisting structure. 

I think my most favorite, beside the huge new fish tank, is this wall.
It use to be a big, blank wall near the entrance.  Now, it's full of wonderful quotes about libraries.

Then as you exit there is one final quote over the door. 
A library happens to be one of this year's items of the photo scavenger hunt.  I have a few other items from the scavenger hunt like:

An angel
And a picture of an outdoor swing, or hammock in this case.
I was getting excited about having all but one of the items for the scavenger hunt ticked off my list. My last bugger is finding a ball and person together.  I just can't seem to find anyone playing with a ball.  Then as I searched for my friend's wedding pictures for my summer bride I found it has disappeared.  I can't find it on my camera or computer.  Drat.  Asi es la vida.

Well, my darlings, may your detours in life be made smoother.  It is easier when you look up. 

 Ciao




1 comment:

  1. What a great quote! And I adore that picture of you on the hammock.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete