Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Herb

There is something to be said for having access to herbs growing in your own yard.
My little patch is more used by the bees
and hummingbirds than by the people of this household.  Seeing as how my "real" cooking days are limited nowadays.
But on those days when I want to make a marinara sauce I love going out there, shears in hand, ready for the heady assault to my senses from the aroma of the freshly cut herbs.
If I could figure out a way to sleep in a bed of herbs comfortably I would.  For me, I think, I get more pleasure from the aroma than the actual taste of the food.
They look so pretty with there bright green color, ready to be stirred into the pot.

How about you?  Is there something that assaults your senses that makes you want to swoon?


1 comment:

  1. I love fresh herbs! I'm hopeless at growing them though, so I tend to have to buy them as I need them. I had such a happy flood of memories at your hummingbird photos, I miss those gorgeous little birds!

    ReplyDelete