Sunday, November 4, 2012

Smash Journal

In some previous posts I eluded to my Smash/Journal.

Today I'll give you a peek into what I've been doing.Well, this post will be all about the covers of my journal.  I'll do another post later in the week about the insides.
I've taken a regular ol' Composition book.  Mostly because they're easy to find....especially when all those school supplies go on sale.  I stocked up on them this fall buying about five of them.   I'm not sure how many I'll need to get through a whole year since I started keeping my journal, scrapbook, smash book and now sketchbook in this journal.
 I have altered the covers of the composition books. Until this third journal I just cut and pasted some scrapbook paper to the cover.
With this last book cover I got a little adventurous and did some mixed media art work on it.  Nothing real fancy or with a big WOW factor.  I tend to go into things with hesitancy and fear of failure.  Not a good thing to have when trying to be creative.  I just take baby steps and it takes me a long time to get out of my comfort zone.  But! I am making recorded progress.  Go Me!
On the inside covers I decoupage things on to it that captures my Awww radar or something that speaks to me during the time I am writing and filling up the insides of the journals. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's looking great! Can't wait to see inside :)

    ReplyDelete