Thursday, September 12, 2013

Markets & Theaters

It's that time of year again.  Woo Hoo!

I signed up for Rinda's Summer Scavenger hunt again this year.  I eagerly awaited the list and the day to begin.  When I saw the list I was a little sad because I didn't see how I would possibly be able to get several of the items.  
 
July flew by. Wedding preparations in full swing culminating with the wedding of My Sweet Pea at the end of the month.

August dragged by waiting and  anticipating the end of the month.

Why the waiting and anticipation? 

My Mann and I ran away for some rest and relaxation.  I'll tell about that after my posts for the scavenger hunt are done.

Low and behold during our get away items on the list kept popping up and I began checking them off.  The momentum had begun.

Item 1: Open air market

Just before our big get away I talked My Mann into taking me to of Venice Beach.  Always an interesting place.  Plus it's the Beach!  While there we walked along the Open air market.
And Muscle Beach.  I thought this was quite humorous seeing the guys watching the guys working out.  First, I thought it would be interesting to know what they thought as they watched.  
Then I thought it's probably best that I don't know what they may be thinking.  That way I can ignorantly believe that they're wishing that they had the dedications to better their own bodies like the body-builders were doing.

Item 2: Theater for Performing Arts 

We have a couple Performing Arts theaters close by but I somehow never got around to getting a photo of them.  Then on our get away we had the opportunity to go to the theater to see a live performance of music, dance, magic, or comedy every night.  
It wasn't until the third night that I realized I could use this as my photo op.
I really enjoyed this performance of the traditional Irish step dancing!  

Such talent!

See you on the next installment of Scavenger Hunt 2013.
 





3 comments:

  1. Nice job! Glad you didn't give up.
    Don't forget to stop by this weekend for the final Scavenger Hunt check-in and link-up.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...Muscle Beach really IS 'muscle' beach. I must put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time I've had enjoying all of your scavenger hunt photos.
    Funny enough we were in SF last week on an emergency visit, but did manage to have a few fun days too...seeing your America's Cup photos took me right back wishing we had had time to go up in Coit Tower again. We did check off walking back and forth across the Golden Gate Brigde from our bucket list :)
    Thanks for your visit to my Magpie's nest.
    I find myself still hunting eventho I've checked everything off Rinda's list ;)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete